Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Power of Traveling Into a Book

Today as I was picking up one of the boys from school (that I nanny), I saw a young girl reading a book called "Just Ella" that I had read at about the same age. I have read this book multiple times since, and it still holds a place in my heart. I wanted so badly to go up to her and tell her that she is going to love the book and read it over and over and love it as much as I did... But I didn't. I knew she would think it was weird.
But it made me stop and think about how books and stories can cross generations and still hold adventure, love, and that feeling of being in a totally new world, even after most people can forget about them. The classics will always be there, of course, but what about those books that aren't in the papers? That aren't on the "Greatest Books Ever Written" list? Someone has read them. They still hold a whole world waiting to be explored! I love going into these worlds and getting to know the characters. I'm sure they all influenced who I am today. My favorite books were always the ones with the strong female lead. The ones who took charge of their lives and situations and flipped them around! The ones who fought for what they knew to be true! What they knew was right! Sometimes I just want to make people read these stories. I want them to love them as much as I do. I don't know where that would get me, but I would love to see someone smile because they're reading a fantastic story that makes their heart race and grows their heart and mind. 
Seeing that girl reading one of my favorite books... I'll never forget that moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment