Monday, December 23, 2013

Wanted

This was a vision/picture/movie I had in my head the other day during some God-time. I felt a desire to share it with you all, since this applies to every Christian out there. You are loved, cared for, and wanted by the Most High. This is the reason He sent his Son to this earth so long ago. This is the reason we celebrate the birth if His son. He is the reason for the season.


Wanted

Do you ever feel trapped?

Do you ever feel lost?

Do you ever feel… wrong, somehow?
Off kilter?
I do. 
Or, at least I did.
Like I was walking in a huge city,
knowing exactly where I was going.
Then realizing, 
I've never been here before
and I have no idea where I'm going.
The city was closing in on me.
The streets started to look the same.
The buildings started to twist and bend.

That's when this man came to me.
He looked at me with such compassion in his eyes.
Then he asked me a question that I had no answer for:
"Where are you going?"
I looked at him, and I had to look away.
I felt ashamed that I didn't have an answer for his question.
Shockingly,
He took my chin into his hand, gently turning me face towards him.
I didn't want to look at him.
People were walking by…
What were they thinking of this?
But he held steady.

Then he whispered,
"Beloved."
And I felt like the only person in the world.
I felt like the most loved
Adored
Beautiful…
I felt wanted.

So I looked at him.
I looked him straight in the eye.
And the strangest thing happened. 
But it wasn't just one thing that happened.
It was like million things happened all at once and even though they were so different, they all…
Matched.

I felt aligned.
I knew I was free.
I knew I was found.
I knew I wasn't wrong anymore.
I was made right.
New.
And I just stared at him.

But then I heard the whispers.
"You don't deserve this."
"What have you done to deserve this?"
"What have you ever done?"

And I looked away.

I was lost again.
The whispers tormented.
I hated life.
I wanted to die.
I kept searching for that man.
I knew he was somewhere.
But where?
I couldn't do it anymore.
I fell on my knees,
waiting for death to come.
It was close wasn't it?

That's when a pair of hands came under my arms
lifted me up,
and sat me down on his lap.
I was found.
I looked up into my Savior's eyes,
and I never wanted to look away again.
He whispered,
"Beloved."

And I knew I was home.

No comments:

Post a Comment