Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm In England

As some of you know, I'm in England. And it's not just to have a vacation. It's not to "go out and find myself." It's not even just for the fun of doing it. I'm here because God has sent me here. 

I don't know His reasoning. I almost don't even understand why. I even got scared that maybe I shouldn't come. That my fleshly desires were messing with my head making me think it was God who wanted me to come. But as it ends up, it IS God. I raised money to help me get here. People have given me money to help support what I'm going to be doing here though YWAM (Youth With A Mission). If God didn't want me here, why would he put it on people's hearts to support me? So here I am, in England, meeting some amazing people and getting to know this country like never before. 

I flew out on Wednesday September 26, 2012. I flew standby thanks to an amazing friend, and got a ticket without a hitch. I did have some trouble bringing my guitar on the plane, but it got on and all is well! I stayed up the entire 10 1/2 hour flight, landed in London Thursday September 27, 2012 at 12 noon, and stayed up the rest of the day. It is because I did this that I had no jet lag! Praise God! 

I took a taxi to my friend's dorm room and stayed the night there. In the morning, we packed up and took a train to Bristol. We spent the weekend having a million and one adventures all over Bristol and Bath. I'll tell you more about that, but that's for another time. 

A HUGE thank you to everyone who supported me in following God's direction to come here. I couldn't have done it without you! You are in my prayers. 

A NOTE TO ALL WHO READ THIS: 
I am still in need of funds. I have about half of the needed $8,000. If you would like to support me, or have questions about anything concerning my trip and/or YWAM, please contact me via email: kianadawnmusic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment